Showing 1 - 10 of 10 , query time: 0.01s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Carlson IGA Store and the Basalt Post Office, located about midblock of main street (Railroad Avenue) Basalt. A public water fountain is located between the two buildings.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The McCoy Hotel as it appeared when Charles H. 'Daddy' McCoy was operating it in 1904. The photo was taken looking south west. The east end of the building was the kitchen and dining room, the lobby, Post Office and the McCoys living quarters in the center while the west end was mostly guest rooms and a large hall for community gatherings, dances, etc. In later years the ground floor was converted into a store. The man feeding the cub bear is...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Mayor of Copper Spur, three women, two girls and a man standing in front of a gas pump at the post office/store. Signs on building. Appears to be a warm time of year. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Dice Brothers completed this building in 1912. It was the third brick building erected in Eagle. The First National Bank of Eagle immediately moved in to the north part. The Hugus Mercantile Store occupied the first floor on the south side (this was later occupied as the H. W. Lewis Store). The upstairs was used as the Masonic Hall. The first Post Office on Broadway was in a narrow annex to the Bank [1920]. -- John W. Bronn, Eagle County Historical...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Josh Rabedew, back center, standing in the streets of Gilman surrounded by piles of snow. Tunnels to the post office are to the left of Josh. Photo taken c1899. L. K. Fleck's store in back of post office.
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Postmaster Kenneth Wyman standing next to his so, Leonard, and wife, Doris, at the Coppertown Post Office and store in 1925. The name was changed to Copper Spur in 1928. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"About 1922 Lawrence Davis built this house at Volcano railroad siding, at a time when there were a number of railroad men and a few homesteaders living in that area. Davis became Postmaster of the Hydrate Post Office that had been established in 1920 and held that position until the post office was discontinued in 1938 for lack of patrons. Besides Mr. and Mrs. Davis, their daughter, Nellie Seaman, and her son, Vernon, made it their home to some...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Looking south down First Street toward Eagle Street in Gypsum circa 1905. The Travelers' Hotel is the second building from the left. There is a boardwalk between buildings. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Tinted photo postcard looking south down First Street toward Eagle Street in Gypsum circa 1905. The Travelers’ Hotel is the second building from the left. There is a boardwalk between buildings. Stremme's Store and Post Office is at the far right. [Original photo 1998.001.024] Gypsum store owner Theodore Stremme had this postcard produced by Newvochrome [No. D 3341 printed in Germany]. It was sent May 1, 1909, to Mr. F. B. Cowden in Steamboat...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The E. E. Glenn & Co. General Merchandise store on Broadway in Eagle. The Post Office was also located in the building. There are boardwalks around the building. A dozen men and two children are standing in front of the store. "Ed Glenn was first attracted to this county by the mining camp at Fulford when that camp was at the boom stage, and later married Mrs. Belding who owned the store located on the site in the same building now occupied by...