Showing 1 - 4 of 4 , query time: 0.01s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"The McCoy lane looking west. This 1912 photo [says 1911 on verso of photo] shows the front part of the Hotel on the left, [on the right] the blacksmith shop, the big red barn and the front of the old log barn and beyond it, the bridge across Rock Creek. The big barn, approximately fifty by sixty feet in size, was of frame construction and built by C. H. McCoy in 1902. It had stalls for twenty horses and a loft that held ten tons of loose hay....
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"In some respects similar to the preceeding picture [1992.004A.084], but taken about 1924. Trees obstruct a view of the Hotel and several buildings in back of it that haver never shown in any of the many photographs of McCoy. The little building in the foreground has served as living quarters for a number of people in past years, but is presently the McCoy Post Office. The small white building on the left was built by the Brooks Brothers in 1914....
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Photo postcard of the Odd Fellow's Hall in Gypsum taken sometime after its construction in 1902. A horse and buggy are tethered at the street. The lodge of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, Gypsum, burned after a December 15,1990, late night fire. According to Fire Chief, Dave Vroman, the blaze was traced to a furnace recently installed. First Lutheran Church of Gypsum and Mount of the Holy Cross Lutheran Church of Vail took over ownership...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Tinted photo postcard looking south down First Street toward Eagle Street in Gypsum circa 1905. The Travelers’ Hotel is the second building from the left. There is a boardwalk between buildings. Stremme's Store and Post Office is at the far right. [Original photo 1998.001.024] Gypsum store owner Theodore Stremme had this postcard produced by Newvochrome [No. D 3341 printed in Germany]. It was sent May 1, 1909, to Mr. F. B. Cowden in Steamboat...