Showing 1 - 7 of 7 , query time: 0.03s
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Another view of the Colorado River taken by John Ambos in 1918 as he photographed places around McCoy. Dog at lower left. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
By June of 1946 when this picture was taken, the bridge's "age was beginning to show and some weak places had developed and there was talk of condemnation, it being unsafe for heavy loads. So it was no great surprise to anyone when truck driver Jim Jardy hauling a heavy bulldozer mounted on a low boy found one of those weak places and dropped through. Jardy and Bernard Ginther, operator of the bulldozer, were extremely thankful that they did not go...
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Walter Lieber and George Grant standing in front of farm equipment and shed on Norman Ranch. The Norman Ranch (between Burns and McCoy) became the Orhmand Hurt Ranch in the 1950's. George Grant was the father of Laurene Knupp. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
"A 1924 Rodeo at McCoy. George Bird of Yampa is the rider. The other men on horses are Andrew Henry and Charley McCoy. At that time the entire area east of the hotel and where the school buildings now are was a vacant tract and well suited for rodeos, etc." -- McCoy Memoirs p.35 [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
The Colorado and Rio Grande Railroad showing the Quinlan [Kirby] Ranch at midfield. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Ranch hands branding cattle in a fenced pasture on the Norman Ranch (between Burns and McCoy). [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]
Cover Image
Format:
Image
Lillian Eaton and Gladys Hall, a friend from Denver, at McCoy Creek Ranch. They are wearing overalls and hats, posed with rifles and game birds in front of a log barn. [Title supplied from catalog prepared by the Eagle County Historical Society.]